Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Kale smoothie

I hate smoothies. Really. I know it's presently un-p.c. for me to say so, but I do. Yes, I know they're great for me, they'll give me more energy and make me wonder-super-woman.........but I just. can't. stand (!) the idea of drinking my vegetables. Yeeck!

But then........ I actually tried a smoothie out today, and.....not too bad. It's not too sweet, and I had it as an end-of-the day drink. The feedback I had from my husband was that it could be sweeter. So, in place of the milk, you could try a slightly acidic juice like orange or apple juice that will add both sweetness as well as a sour note to balance the bitterness of the kale.....






2 cups baby kale
1 tsp ginger paste
1 apple, cored and chopped
1 cup milk (or orange or apple juice)


1) Throw all ingredients into the blender and whir away till smooth. Enjoy immediately. 



No comments:

Post a Comment